CapTel Caption Phone
Now you can have the Best of Both Worlds….’Voice’ and ‘Captions’.
The new Hamilton CapTel 840i Telephone provides accurate, real-time captions to show you what a caller is saying when you’re on the phone. It works like a traditional phone, but includes volume amplification and text display to solve communication problems caused by mild to severe hearing loss.
The captions are provided by a free service. All you need is Internet connection and you’re ready to go! It connects to both your telephone service and your Internet service.
This latest version includes a built-in answering machine that records both voice messages and their captions. It even supports digital cable or VOIP telephone services. Remove frustration and enjoy your conversations with a CapTel phone.
• Captions appear automatically on all calls
• Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
• Extra large display screen tilts for comfortable reading
• Adjustable volume control
• Adjustable font sizes and colors
• One-touch access to CapTel Customer Service
• Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing
• Easy-to-follow menu system with Yes/No questions
• Supports English and Spanish speakers
To be eligible to use Captioned Telephone Service, any individual purchasing a Captioned Telephone must register and certify that they have a hearing loss and need IP Captioned Telephone Service to communicate over the telephone. Some restrictions apply.
Must have Internet Service.